Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Working Out

I have to say I love being able to work out. I really missed my regular visits to the gym last year and am thankful I have the time for regular workouts again!

I have a schedule now that I love and am able to maintain. Part of what makes it so easy is Zumba class. I love the class and the hour seems to be over before it starts. When I first started Zumba I was so bad. I am for sure a white girl, but after a few months I know most of the steps and can pick up the ones I don’t know pretty easy. And, I have learned how to pump it. It has taken multiple instructors showing me in slow motion, but I finally have it down. Wow is it good for your abs! My hips can still use a little flavor, but that will come with time…at least I hope.

I have discovered the benefits of getting up early on Saturday, going to Zumba first thing and starting my day off with an hour of working out. I have so much more energy and sleep better at night. I get more done because I’m getting out of bed before 10 or 11!

The other thing I love about working out is the nights that Mark and I do cardio and core training together. (Ok, we have only been able to make this happen once so far, but I really did enjoy it and can’t wait for next week when we don’t have other things interrupting our workout!) I like being able to spend gym time with him. It’s another side of him that I get to know and I love it. He is good at instructing and pointing out what I need to do different. He is the master at core workouts!

I think the time I most appreciate my body and how it was created is at the gym. I can push it as hard as I want to and it keeps up. I feel my best when I’m working out and am able to challenge myself to try new workouts and trust that I can get through it no matter how difficult it may be. I truly appreciate how much better my mind and body are when I work at being fit!

Today – We have the Lakewood Relay For Life Kick-Off tonight! I’m so excited to meet new Relay peeps, learn the ropes for a new event, and interact with a new Leadership Team!

Adoption - I must stop reading baby books! I keep thinking I’m educating myself, but I’m getting a little overwhelmed with how difficult things that seem like they should be simple can be (seriously I may have to create a wall sized chart to keep track of feeding/naptime/and number of wet and solid diapers!), and if we don’t have a baby until a year from now I’m going to forget all the good info I have learned. I think it’s time to take a break!

No comments: