Sunday, November 29, 2009

In Honor of Fallen Officers

I woke up to horrible news this morning...4 Lakewood Police Officers were shot in cold blood while getting ready for work at a local coffee shop. I sat and cried for an hour while watching the news this morning. I can't help but think about the families who lost their loved ones. These officers are parents, spouses, and someones son's and daughter. For those families the world has drastically changed for them and it can never be undone.

My heart goes out to the Lakewood Police Chief as he is the one that visited each family and told them their loved one had been killed in the line of duty. After doing that he is going to have to put his work face on and deal with the press and an investigation that is going to be very personal for him.

I can't imagine what the witnesses who were in the shop must be going through...I know I would never be the same after witnessing something like this in person. They will need the support of their loved ones to process all they have been through today.

Police officers are a unique and close family and I know officers all over the state are feeling the pain of this and facing a moment of harsh reality knowing it could be them on any given day.

So many people are affected on different levels by acts of violence like this. What a horribly selfish and thoughtless act for someone to commit.

My heart hurts for all those affected by this crime. I wish all those involved peace and healing in their hearts and strength to get through this difficult time.

No comments: