Thursday, November 19, 2009

Girl Time

I had so much fun last night with the girls. It has been since Relay in June that Cara, Monica, Sandi and I had all had a chance to hang out together. I miss them when I don’t get to see them. The bonus is we will all see each other on Saturday as well at Monica’s Bunco fundraiser! Her Bunco fundraiser is a blast every year! I can’t wait for Saturday.

Before meeting the girls at BJ’s I stopped by the Bare Minerals store at the mall. I can’t tell you how excited I am that they have a store and I can go in and try colors out before buying them. Even though you can return things ordered through Sephora it is still a hassle I don’t like dealing with! Now I can buy by favorite make-up in person. I had fun picking out new lip gloss last night. Next I am making an appointment to learn what to do with all the eye shadow colors I have and possible add to my color collection. I can do some serious damage in that store!

Today – I am thankful that Mark has found a way for him to do his work out and me to do mine while juggling only having one care. I really didn’t want to miss Zumba tonight with my favorite instructor. It will be my last Thursday night Zumba class until February due to Dodgeball.

Adoption – I spend a lot of time wondering who the birthmother will be that we match with and what she will be like. Will she be a HS girl who is not ready to be a Mom, a single woman who does not want or is not ready to have children, will she know who the father is, will she be a crime victim, what will her ethnicity be, will she want to hold the baby after she is born, will she want to see us at the hospital, how much contact if any will she want after the baby is home with us, will I be able to relate to her, will I resent having to send photos/letter or will she be someone I enjoy staying in touch with, will she want to visit at some point, and the list goes on and on. I wonder how much any of these factors will impact us and Sky, especially as she gets older and wants to know specific details about her birthmother and the situation.

The agency has repeatedly told us that whomever we match with will most likely have a much different social, economical, and moral background than we do and that it will take effort on our part to relate to her. Ultimately it’s less about what kind of person she is and more about what kind of person I am. The only person I have control over in the situation is myself. I pray for the wisdom to open my heart and treat her with compassion, kindness and respect.

No comments: