Friday, November 6, 2009

Lost Battle

I seem to be losing the battle to keep Bishop from hanging out behind the couch. When we first got Bishop he refused to put himself in a confined space, but 8’ish years later and all he wants to do is hang out behind the couch. He can barely fit between the couch and the wall, and in fact this morning got stuck. I actually considered leaving him there, but then decided getting back there to clean up after him would not be fun.

My latest tactic was to pile up the two blankets that Mark and I snuggle with behind the couch. I thought the wall of blankets would stop him, but no it didn’t. Instead he made a nice little bed for himself back there.

I think I’m waving the white flag on this one. The only solution would be to push the couch all the way against the wall, but it is a reclining couch and I do love popping my feet up and relaxing while watching a movie. So for now, Bishop you win. I give up and will therefore give up the frustration I feel every time you wiggle your way back there.

Dodgeball was fun last night. My arm is a bit sore today, but not too bad. I found out that “for a girl” I have a good throwing technique and keep the ball low so it’s harder to catch. I’m excited to practice with the actual dodgeballs in the next few weeks to see how that goes.

Today – I’m really glad it’s Friday. I’m leaving work early because it is slow. That will give me time to run some errands and get ready for Mark’s party tomorrow! I also get to start a new book today. I hope to find an hour or so this afternoon to settle into it. I am most thankful that it is a Friday that the housecleaner comes. Mark was thoughtful enough to arrange for a cleaner when I was Co-Chairing Relay last year as I was so busy the house was showing signs of my neglect! So, Mark to the rescue. Janet she does such a great job we have kept the service even though I have much more time now. I think this makes me a little spoiled, but I’m going with it because once the baby is here no one is going to care about spoiling me…it will all be about the baby...as it should be.

Adoption – Mark and I are learning about how difficult it can be to add Sky to our insurance once she is born. Some plans won’t cover her until the adoption is final which could be 6 to 9 months. Other plans won’t cover her until the birth mother signs away her rights, which can be 2 to 4 days depending on the state. Bottom line is we won’t know how much we are looking at in out of pocket medical expenses until we know what state she is coming from. Mark’s plan through the city may allow us to backdate the coverage, but chances are we are still looking at some out of pocket hospital expense related to the delivery and hospital stay.

No comments: