Monday, November 9, 2009

Say it isn't so...

I am a little (ok a lot) sad…there is a rumor out there that Steven Tyler has left Aerosmith. I don’t know if it’s true and the band has made no official statement, however it is posted on a legit news site and the posts on the fan club site lead me to believe it is true. I have been an Aerosmith fan for 20 years. I have all their albums, a lot of bootleg stuff, every movie soundtrack they have been a part of and have been to every concert they have done in WA for the last 15 years.

Aerosmith is not Aerosmith without Steven, and Steven is not much without Aerosmith. I hope it’s not true! I will do my own Aerosmith rain dance with my scarves and play every CD I own of theirs back to back in the hopes the band will be ok.

I don’t want the last time I saw them to be the last time. Oh Steven why are you breaking my Aerosmith heart?

Today – Despite my sadness over Aerosmith I am looking forward to the Steelers game tonight. If Ben and the Steelers D have a good game I will win in my work Fantasy Football league. I already have my other league wrapped up, so this could be the first week I win in both leagues!

Adoption – It feels odd to be making “parent” decisions with no idea of when we will have a baby. As we have been working on the house and re-painting/carpeting/decorating we have had to think about things like cordless blinds, lead free paint, flooring that will reduce allergy and dust issues. The latest discussion was about what kind of freezer to get. Now that Mark has taken up hunting we need a freezer to store the meat in. He wanted a small chest freezer so it would take up less space. But, I want a stand-up one because I don’t want Sky playing around the chest freezer and opening it and potentially falling in and getting stuck in there. After I told Mark how I felt he completely understands my point of view. It stuck me how we are already acting like parents for a little girl that does not even exist yet. I don’t know who Sky is yet or when she will make her way into our lives, but I already love her and want to make good decisions for her.

No comments: